I have been spending my time lately doing some maintenance with Ports, updating and fixing the software packages I use. I've submitted a couple of PRs to the FreeBSD team and hopefully my changes will be merged very soon.
- Minecraft (games/minecraft-client)
minecraft-runtimescript wasn't working, and the JAVA_VERSION was, in my opinion incorrectly, bumped to 1.8 when it runs perfectly well on 1.7. I have submitted PR 197063 to rectify these issues, and additionally more correctly replace variables in the script templates.
- HFSExplorer (sysutils/hfsexplorer)
- The current version in Ports no longer exists on SourceForge, as they have moved to GitHub. With the move came a new release that brings some new features and enhanced compatibility. I have submitted PR 197209 to update the distfile location and version.
- LWJGL (games/lwjgl)
- This library, used by Minecraft, does not currently build with openjdk8. I am currently ironing out this bug so that I can submit a patch either upstream or to FreeBSD (or perhaps both), whichever one is necessary. I'll note further progress on this here on my blog.
- Symbola (x11-fonts/symbola)
- Elly has submitted PR 197090 to add the Symbola Unicode 7.0 font to FreeBSD. Look for this coming soon.
An article about more MacBook stuff is coming shortly, but for now I'm still working out some issues. Until then, happy hacking everyone!